Does HSGenerator hold insurance?

Yes, we have Public Liability Insurance and Professional Indemnity Insurance

Do I need a racking inspection?

Due to recent changes in Health and Safety Legislation (HSG76 Sections 642, 646 & 647), pallet racking and shelving is now regarded as workplace equipment and as such requires an inspection at least once a year by a SARI (SEMA Approved Rack Inspector) or other “Technically Competent Person”.

Failing to adhere to legislative requirements can have significant ramifications including invalidating your insurance, fines of up to £20M and in some cases imprisonment.

Is it compulsory for me to have a fire risk assessment done?

It's mandatory to carry out a detailed assessment according to the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 or "the Fire Safety Order". By law, you need to have a fire risk assessment carried out and reviewed on a regular basis. Noncompliance could lead to a fine or a prison sentence.

Who does a fire risk assessment?

As per the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005, fire risk assessment need to be completed by a competent person. Our Fire Safety Consultants are qualified to carry out professional fire risk assessments.